My dad turns 70 today and in honor of the person who has taught me SO much about life, I’ve put together the most important life lessons I’ve learned from my dad.
1. Asking people questions about themselves is the best way to get anyone to open up.
2. Repeating names in your conversations with people helps you remember their names.
3. There is always more than one side.
4. Always, ALWAYS treat other people with respect.
5. USE YOUR HEAD!
6. Be mindful of how your actions might affect others
7. There’s only one way to apply sunscreen: twice head to toe and then every 30 minutes!
8. If you’re going to break a rule, be willing to accept the consequences.
9. It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is one of the greatest movies ever made.
10. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band is one of the greatest albums of all time.
11. Delta is the only airline.
12. Don’t collect stuff.
13. Experiences and education are two of the most important things money can buy.
Happy 70th dad. I love you! CHEERS TO YOU!