HOW CAN I BEAT IMPOSTER SYNDROME?
Imposter syndrome is incredibly common. In it’s most simple form, it’s the mindset of being undeserving or unworthy of one’s accomplishments or wins, in any aspect of life.
Jeff talks about how so many of us (including him) keep our success to ourselves because we don’t want to come off as egocentric or make others uncomfortable by making them feel inadequate in comparison.
Being proud of yourself and sharing your accomplishments is a good thing. There are three reasons why this is so-
1 – Your voice is worthy. Jeff explains that being proud is okay, and it’s anxiety telling you otherwise. Don’t allow the anxiety to win.
2 – Jeff points out that bragging is simply part of being good at something. If you’re good at what you do, whatever that may be, you certainly have the right to brag about it. Bragging is beneficial to your peers as it can inspire them or push them to work harder. On an individual level, bragging is helpful because it shows your boss that you’re worthy of a raise, or your customers that you’re worthy of their business, or others that you’re worthy of partnerships.
3 – Now more than ever, we need to celebrate the good. It’s no secret that for the past year or so, things have been particularly difficult on all levels. Celebrating ourselves is not only something we deserve, but the positivity the world needs.
Imposter syndrome doesn’t do anyone any favors, so let’s leave that in 2020.
listen to this episode of THE UPSIDE with Callie and Jeff
– Our phone number is 800-434-5454 … call or text about anything you heard on the show or want to hear on the show!
– Follow Callie and Jeff on IG: @CallieDauler and @JeffDauler.
– UPSIDE listeners have an amazing community on Facebook. Join by clicking here.
– Are we Facebook friends yet? Check out Callie and Jeff’s page.
– Our PICK ME UP email has good news, cool deals, delicious recipes, and more delivered to you every Tuesday. Subscribe for free!
– Shop the Callie and Jeff store.
– If you listen to THE UPSIDE every day, you should join The Advisory Horde! Click HERE.
– Please tell the world about this show! The easiest way to do that – especially if someone doesn’t know too much about podcasts – is by sending them to listentocallied.sg-host.com. Internet magic will take them directly to the best available player for whatever device they are using.
SUBSCRIBES, FOLLOWS, AND FIVE-STAR REVIEWS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED.
WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOU!